New 24/7 Dining Hall
Dining Hall Access and Prices
Connecting people in an inviting culinary destination; eat, learn, live uOttawa!
Our Dining Hall is the second in Canada to offer service 24/7 service (fall and winter term)! Everyone is welcome – anyone can eat at the Dining Hall: students, professors, staff, even guests.
There are different ways to take advantage of the Dining Hall:
- Purchase a meal plan to gain unlimited access (students only)
- Pay the door rate
- Buy a block plan to save on the price of entry
Pay at the door
Paying the door rate gives you access to all the stations, even My Pantry. Access is valid for one meal period only or a maximum of 3 hours. Here are the door rates according to the time of day:
Time of day
Price (+ tax)
Breakfast (6 am to 9:30 am)
Lunch (9:30 am to 4 pm)
Diner (4 pm to 11 pm)
Late night (11 pm to 6 am)
Dining Hall menu
The 24/7 Dining Hall is a safe facility open day and night. Choose from 10 stations offering a variety of delicious meals made on site with fresh ingredients, along with a Desserts and Drinks stations (Starbucks espresso, cappuccino machine and filtered coffee, an assortment of pop drinks, juices and milk including chocolate milk).
You can use My Pantry to cook for yourself, or the World Flavours station if you want to try international meals. If you prefer vegetarian, vegan or made without gluten meals, our Special Diet station is the place for you! But if you have a SERIOUS ALLERGY, find out about the Dietary Restriction Program.
Menus are available online. The website offers the following features:
- Menus are available in English or French;
- Website offers special diet filters to identify common allergens.
- Allergy and nutrition information is available by clicking on a menu item;
- Saturday and Sunday menus are posted to the lower right of the page.
Allergies and Dietary Preferences in the Dining Hall
This program offers an alternative to meal plan holders suffering from allergies such as Nuts, tree nuts, Gluten or wheat, dairy, egg.
In the 24/7 Dining Hall, the following options are available as part of the buffet.
- Prepared without gluten
- Halal (beef, chicken, lamb – whole meat only)
- Tray-less dining
- The Dining hall is a 100% compost, No waste, and a No recyclable items facility
- Food Services is in the process of getting their Marine Steward Council (MSC) fish certification
Throughout the year, Food Services conducts many waste reduction awareness campaigns and have low carbon menu days.
Have feedback or a complaint about the Dining hall? Use any of these 4 approaches to give us your comments. Getting your feedback allows us to improve upon and resolve any problems or concerns you might have. We appreciate any feedback.
- Speak to the chefs
- Talk to the floor managers
- Fill out our online form