How-to and rules of the Dining Hall
The challenges of COVID-19 have forced us to review our Dining Hall rules to ensure your safety and security. The policies below will allow us to serve you safely and ensure equal access to all students.
All diners within the Dining Hall must comply with the following rules:
- All guests must use hand sanitizer upon entering the Dining Hall.
- All guests must wear a mask or face covering that covers the nose, mouth, and chin while in the Dining Hall, unless sitting at a table.
- It’s unlimited IN the Dining Hall; we will not tolerate theft of food, dishware, or cutlery.
- Do not waste. Take what you can eat. Ask for small portions. Taste first. You can always go back for seconds.
- Single-serve items can be taken from the Dining Hall. As an example a single piece of fruit or a muffin, but you can’t make a lunch to go, like a sandwich or fill up plastic containers with food.
- Share the space. Due to limited seating spaces, you are asked to eat and leave. Students studying or staying for long periods may be asked to leave.
- Emergency exits are for emergencies only.
- Sneaking your friends in the Dining Hall is not allowed.
- Bring your dishes to the compost station when you are done, and sort your waste
- No vaping or cannabis products allowed in the Dining Hall.
- You will not be allowed in the Dining Hall if you are intoxicated.
- If you feel like eating in your pajamas, that’s ok, as long as you are wearing something.
- Our employees want to give you the best service, give them your respect in return.
- Keep an eye out for your personal belongings at all times.
- No outside food, beverages, opened cans/containers are permitted inside the Dining Hall.
Individuals who fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or with the general rules, regulations, or directives that apply to entry to and use of the Dining Hall, may be denied entry to the Dining Hall or will be asked to leave. Depending on the severity of the circumstances, such individuals may be subject to further measures or loss of privileges.
View the complete uOttawa Card Terms and conditions